I miss the painted faces, and the costumes that we wear.
I miss seeing students stagger, down the streets in early morn.
I miss watching people line, for the library after dawn.
I miss the lecture theaters, with their hard, uncomfy seats.
I miss walking to my classes, slippery ice under my feet.
I miss putting off assignments for weeks and weeks and weeks,
Then feeling all the pressure when my workload gets too steep.
I miss the flat dramas, arguments and the fun,
They started out all strangers, but was where I found my one,
I miss the girl who blows her nose, so loud the whole flat hears.
Fights over dishes, would sometimes lead to tears.
I miss working Sunday morning, dreaming of my bed.
The antics of last night, left a throbbing in my head.
I miss waking up and seeing snow, it bought me so much bliss
Until I had to go outside, face and fingers frozen stiff.
My first year has ended, but I'll be back again
I count down the days until my summer ends.
I never thought I'd find a place that feels so much like home.
But Dunedin is a part of me, set in my heart like stone.
The antics of last night, left a throbbing in my head.
I miss waking up and seeing snow, it bought me so much bliss
Until I had to go outside, face and fingers frozen stiff.
My first year has ended, but I'll be back again
I count down the days until my summer ends.
I never thought I'd find a place that feels so much like home.
But Dunedin is a part of me, set in my heart like stone.
No comments:
Post a Comment